Below are some frequently asked questions and answers regarding the general policies of Rue, Ziffra & Caldwell.  If you have a specific question that is not answered on this website, or would like more information about us or guidance for your case, please click on the “Chat Now” button to the right of the page to speak with a representative from our firm.

General Questions About Rue & Ziffra, P.A.

Where is your office?

Our main office is located at 632 Dunlawton Avenue, Port Orange, FL 32127. We also have an office located at 2790 Enterprise Road, Suite 102, Orange City, FL 32763.

What are your business hours?

Our offices are open Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and closed for federal holidays. If you need assistance outside of these hours, you can call our toll free number and speak to an answering service representative. You can also leave your information and a short message on our Live Chat and we will promptly return an answer to you when normal business hours resume.

How much does it cost to speak with an attorney for the first time?

At Rue & Ziffra, P.A., your initial consultation is free. You are always welcome to contact one of our offices and ask to speak with an attorney about your case.

What if I am unable to come to your office for an initial consultation?

Our attorneys are available and willing to meet with you and your family for your initial consultation at a location that is convenient for you. This includes your home, in a hospital, nursing home or other facility.

If my spouse/child is injured, can I call on their behalf?

If your spouse or child is injured from someone else’s negligence and is unable to call our office, you may call on their behalf to speak with an attorney. If we are willing to pursue your claim, an attorney will want to set up an initial consultation with the injured individual.

Do I have to pay any attorney costs even if my case is not recovered?

You will not have to pay Rue & Ziffra, P.A. any fees or costs unless we make a recovery on behalf of you and your case with us.

Who will be handling my case?

Typically, there will be three people total working to resolve your case. This includes your assigned attorney, case manager and legal secretary. For specific portions of your case, you may be directed to a certain person, but you can most certainly ask to speak with any one of these people if you have any questions or concerns.

Can I speak with my attorney?

Absolutely! You may always request to speak directly with your attorney, throughout any portion of your case. In order to have your attorney’s full, undivided attention, we recommend that you call the office so specific conference arrangements can be made.

Questions Related to Your Case

I contacted 1-800 JUSTICE to file an SSI claim. It that also your firm?

Yes it is. 1-800-JUSTICE is our toll free number that connects you directly with our main office in Port Orange, Florida. When you first call in, you will speak with one of our receptionists who will then transfer your call to your attorney or case worker.

Where do I find general information about my type of accident or injury?

Scroll over the Practice Areas tab located on the navigation bar at the top of the page. From there, choose the type of accident or injury you would like to know more about.

What is my case worth?

There is no hard and fast way to say what a particular case is worth. An insurance company or judge and jury (if the case is taken to trial) must recognize three things for you to be awarded damages: • Injury: How seriously were you injured? How much pain and suffering have you endured? How much has it cost you in medical care? How has it impaired your ability to work and earn money? • Liability: Is another party responsible for your injury? To what extent could that party have reasonably foreseen that their action or inaction would cause this injury? • Damages: What is the dollar amount deemed sufficient to compensate the injury and detriment you have sustained?

I have been in a crash and am hurt...what do I do now?

If you need help, you can always contact an attorney for legal advice. Rue & Ziffra, P.A. offers you a free consultation, where you can meet with an attorney and share the details of your case and injuries. To contact us, visit our contact page for phone numbers, addresses and an email address, click on the Chat Now button on the right hand side of the page or click on the Do I Have A Case button and fill out a case evaluation form.

What should I look out for after being involved in an accident?

If you have been involved in an automobile crash, motorcycle accident, medical malpractice claim or any other type of personal injury, it is imperitive that you first make sure a police report has been documented, that your injuries and property damage have been photographed and that you seek out the necessary medical attention needed for your injuries. It may also be beneficial to call on for a legal representation to make sure you receive the total amount of financial benefits owed to you. Call Rue & Ziffra, P.A. now for your free consultation and tell us your side of the story.

How do I apply for Social Security Disability Benefits?

To begin the application process for Social Security Disability, you must first schedule an interview with the Social Security Administration. This can be done by calling 1-800-772-1213 and setting up a telephone or in-person interview.

Do I need to hire an attorney?

According to a study done by the Insurance Research Council, an individual who is injured and brings a claim will often get a settlement amount 3 ½ times higher if they are represented by an attorney than if they try to settle a claim by themselves.

About the author

Allan L. Ziffra is a founding partner and President of Rue & Ziffra, P.A. Connect with Allan Ziffra onGoogle+ or Find us on Google+

Personal Injury Attorneys Previous Clients 5.0